Three (4-month) Economic Development Internships will be sponsored from May to August 2020. One internship will be funded for each of the following regional districts: Regional District of East Kootenay, Regional District of Central Kootenay, and Regional District of Kootenay Boundary.
The internship program promises to provide a high level of professional development and training that will prepare students for roles in economic development. The program is expected to provide interns with the knowledge and experience they need to decide if a career in economic development is the right for them. Economic development sponsors will work with their intern to develop a work plan that addresses the area’s economic development priorities and complements the broader local government economic development program. Students will be located at the sponsor economic development office.
The internship program objectives are:
- To act as a pathway to accelerate operational learning
- To provide results focused professional training
- To make economic development a career of choice by financially supporting internship opportunities for post-secondary students in the Kootenay region
- To promote career development, advancement opportunities, and quality of life in the Kootenay region
- To help interns develop competencies essential to a career in economic development
Please see attached for program overview and application guide.
To learn more about the Local Government Economic Development Capacity Building project please click here.
Applications are due by 4pm on March 20. Please submit here.